Tuesday 2 July 2013

Barry M Wink black eyeliner pen


Would you be surprised if I told you that I've never tried any Barry M product other than their nail varnish?

When my previous eyeliner had ran out, I knew I didn't want to repurchase the same one and then this one really caught my eye; with the bright purple packaging with black detailing, I really like it! It gives off an 80's vibe which I love!

The tip isn't very sturdy, but it isn't that weak so you can't use it, I can work with it just fine to create a small line close to my lashes.Plus the application is easy with only one coat needed for an opaque colour to build up, as it is well pigmented.

It does however doesn't stay opaque for long, as it does fade if not re-applied during the day and it does also move to the eyelid after time as well. I found that for the first couple of times, it didn't do that, but now that I've been using it for about a week the quality has gone down immensely
(I'm pale)

I won't be re-purchasing this, as it's not worth it. It fades easily and quickly and will also transfer to the upper lid, however it is quite cheap, as it retails for £4.59, so that isn't bad.

Yay:

Does it's job 
Easy to apply
Cheap
Well pigmented 
Nice packaging

Nay:

Will fade after a while
Transferred to my upper eye lids
The tip isn't as sturdy as it should be
Smudges easily
Fades after a couple of hours

Overall:

Brand: Barry M

Product: Wink black eyeliner pen

Price: £4.59

Where to buy: Superdrug, boots or anywhere that stocks Barry M

Package quality: 5/5

Overall rating: 3/5

Recommend: No. It's not worth it. The quality will decrease quickly and it will smudge and fade. This eyeliner however this eyeliner will get you from a to b, I would not recommend that you should go out to buy this specific item


                                      


2 comments:

  1. I can't live without my liquid liner but it is definitely a task finding a quality one!!

    -Maddy @ www.BeautyBanterBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liquid liner is such a staple for me! It definitely is!

      Delete